Under instructions from the Vendors, CBRE Agribusiness and map19 are pleased to offer for sale Shark Bay Aquaculture, one of Australia’s most significant aquaculture development opportunities.
Encompassing an unprecedented large scale which provides opportunity to be a significant participant in the US$232bn* global aquaculture industry; Shark Bay Aquaculture comprises:
• Leasehold: A 401* hectare aquaculture lease over water located in the World Heritage Shark Bay Marine Park with a 2037 initial expiry and an option for 21 years
• Freehold: A 579* hectare freehold land parcel adjacent to the leasehold interest which includes a modern residence, shedding and an artesian bore;
• Leasehold License: Aquaculture license in place with approval for pearl and rock oysters, clams, cockles and sponge on longlines.
• Freehold planning: Local planning scheme in place supporting aquaculture, intensive agriculture and tourism activities on the freehold land.
• Rock oysters: Lease area established in July and August with 80,000* Black Lip and Milky rock oysters on longlines.
• Industry: Global aquaculture industry growth at 5.8%* per annum between 2001 – 2016.
• Location: On the doorstep of Asian markets with direct commercial flights from Perth (665* lineal kilometres).
CBRE Agribusiness and map19 is offering Shark Bay Aquaculture to the market by Expression of Interest closing Friday 20 December 2019 at 4pm AEDT.
Shark Bay Aquaculture is truly one of the most substantial aquaculture offerings in recent history. For further information on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact:
+61 439 349 977
+61 400 646 106