Expressions of interest are called to purchase this award winning organic vegetable supply business and freehold consisting of 7 properties across 2 climate zones all with irrigation entitlements - Far Nth Qld (935.5 ha ~ 140 ha currently croppable) across 3 properties and Southern NSW (137.25 ha ~120 ha croppable) across 4 properties. Very well regarded in the organic sector and with huge potential for growth the business also offers extra land capacity to facilitate a doubling of turnover.
The business has been established for 17 years with reliable year-round markets in place and an excellent reputation in the marketplace (Direct sales to supermarkets and wholesalers). There are also trained staff in place covered under EBA and Seasonal Worker Program employer approval. Offering a cloud based management system as well as Freshcare, HARPS and Organic certification the current owners also have in place comprehensive documentation on methods and procedures to provide guidelines for crop management and day to day business activities and are willing to assist with the transition to new ownership.
• One of the largest organic vegetable sellers in Australia – Winner of Australian Organic Farmer of the Year 2015
• Extensive A grade organic land (no 3-year wait required to supply organic produce) and capable of at least doubling current production
• Dual climate zones enable ongoing production to supply year-round market requirements
• All the properties in both regions have cropping area accessible and harvestable during wet weather
• Currently producing Zucchini, Pumpkin (3 types), Onions (Brown & Red), Sweetcorn, Sweet potato (orange & purples flesh) with climates suitable for producing many more product lines. Interested parties can obtain a list of other product lines that have been grown successfully in the different regions.
• Staff are trained and capable and operating under an enterprise bargaining agreement with the business being an approved employer under the Seasonal Worker Program.
• Total production (tonnes) of main lines over the last 3 Financial Years (FY16-909t, FY17-1080t, FY18-1182t)
• Breeders and producers of own crop varieties with PBR on some varieties.
• Extensive list of plant and machinery required to operate the business included in the sale
Properties consist of:
Dimbulah in Far North QLD (FNQ)
Properties are approximately 30 min from Mareeba, 45 min from Atherton and only 1 ½ hours drive from Cairns (which has an International/Domestic airport). Multiple trucking companies with high tech facilities operate out of Mareeba. Climate is dry tropics, excellent for winter production of nearly any crop that doesn’t require extremely cold temperatures for fruit set.
1. 4.15 ha - 150 ML Water – 4 bedroom dwelling + shed, cold rooms and packing facilities
2. 51.7 ha - 43 ML Water – pump shed + filtration system and mainline down the full length of the property set up for trickle irrigation
3. 879.65 ha - 22 ML Water – Leased land with the benefit of a put & call option to purchase
5km of wallaby/pig proof fencing + 3 bedroom architect designed dwelling with grid connected solar power + machinery shed, farm shed & pump setup for trickle irrigation & portable sprinklers + old moveable centre pivot irrigator + multiple sites suitable to create water catchment areas.
Coleambally in the Riverina (NSW)
Properties are located 20 mins from Coleambally & Darlington Point with larger regional centres Leeton (40min), Griffith (50min), Narrandera (45min), Wagga Wagga (90min) drive away with Sydney only a 1 hour flight from Griffith or Narrandera. All 4 properties are in 1 of 2 horticultural zones in Coleambally. Soils are sandy with ongoing organic management practices resulting in highly productive soils. The horticultural areas in the region (MIA,CIA) are large producers of Wine grapes, Citrus, Nuts, Prunes & Vegetables.
4. 32.74 ha (20 ha crop area) - 36 ML High security (HS) 24 ML General security (GS) & 292ML delivery entitlement via Coleambally Irrigation - 4 bedroom dwelling + 20m in-ground heated pool + farm shed + amenities shed, pump & irrigation setup for solid set sprinklers & trickle irrigation
5. 25.94 ha - 64 ML HS and 40 ML GS water allocation & 104ML delivery entitlement via Coleambally Irrigation – 4 bedroom dwelling + shed with outdoor toilet, pump shed & setup for solid set sprinklers & trickle irrigation
6. 41.87 ha - 29 ML GS water allocation & 129ML delivery entitlement via Coleambally Irrigation – 3 bedroom dwelling with large rumpus room and offices + 2 double garage sheds, farm shed & portable amenities block, pump & set up for solid set sprinklers & trickle irrigation
7. 36.7 ha - 60 ML GS water allocation & 60ML delivery entitlement via Coleambally Irrigation – 7 bedroom dwelling + 3 bedroom cottage + multiple sheds, pump & setup for solid set sprinklers & trickle irrigation.
The NSW properties have a combined 585ML delivery entitlement allowing extra water to be brought in above the allocation amount. High security allocation and proximity to Irrigation Company bore allows access to water over the winter period (which is not generally available to other farms in the region). Properties 5, 6 & 7 are adjoining properties. Irrigation system between 5 & 6 and 6 & 7 are connected to improve pumping efficiency and provide redundancy for pump malfunction.
The current owners would like to semi-retire and see the business they have created bought by people with the passion to expand the current enterprise and continue to supply quality organic produce both domestically and internationally. For further information or to arrange inspections please call EXCLUSIVE AGENTS Joe Torrisi of Joe Torrisi Real Estate, Mareeba, QLD or Anthony Mannes of Mannes Agencies, Coleambally, NSW.