This is an excellent opportunity to purchase a well-established and well known Nursery Business situated in Julatten 25 minutes from Port Douglas. Owner is selling FREEHOLD including the business, the infrastructure, the stock, the residence and the land. The ULTIMATE lifestyle business and property.
Established in 1994, the business has earnt an excellent reputation in the horticulture/nursery industry in both the retail and wholesale markets. Specialising in tropical food plants, mainly tropical fruit trees and ethnobotanical plants but also ornamental plants including bromeliads, palms heliconia's and more. There are literally 100’s of species of plants for sale and thousands of species around the grounds to use as stock plants.
The business has a strong retail and wholesale presence with plenty of room to expand. The infrastructure is excellent with a huge amount of work being completed over the last few years. There is around 2km of irrigation pipes across the whole 6 acres with ample taps everywhere. Water and electricity bills are kept to a minimum with solar panels powering the pumps from excellent bore water. In fact, the business other than your own labour has minimal overheads making it an ideal business for a husband and wife.
Additional infrastructure and inclusions:
- Large 35m steel galvanised shed with concrete base currently used for germinating seeds
- Open shade housing covering approximately 300m2
- Fully sealed shade house that is animal and insect proof (120m2)
- Small pump house with storage for irrigation parts (plenty of spare irrigation parts also included in sale price).
- Well surfaced paths throughout the nursery and land
- 3kw solar system (12 panels) – very minimal power bills and no water bills
- There is also a huge amount of stock also included.
- Established website and domain name. The owner is happy to adjust the website if required
- Additional miscellaneous equipment
Stock is included in the price including all established plants, all potted plants , seedlings, potting mix, spare parts and more!
The land size is 2.14ha (6.5 acres) all on one title (Rural/Residential). It is beautifully landscaped and cleared with botanical garden-like surrounds. Previously the current owner-offered garden tours and it was a lucrative sideline in the tourist season (May to October). The grounds have hosted many garden clubs and the business has supplied several botanic gardens with plants including the Sydney botanic garderns. It has been extremely well maintained offering new owners the opportunity to expand or simply maintain. The land is partially fenced and situated on a gentle slope with good water drainage.
- Large 2 bedroom house which is 15 years old and extremely well built.
- Single car garage
- Wrap around verandahs
- Screened throughout with split system AC in the main bedroom
- Private and quiet
- NBN installed
FUTURE POTENTIAL: -
* 2nd Dwelling or possible B&B residence/s could be built (council approval would be required) for those wishing to consider setting up a B&B. The outlook, location and setting is perfect for it.
* The current website is quite a simple one and could easily be improved with on-line ordering (as ordering is currently via mail/courier).
* Large areas of cleared land for further planting of whatever plants you like
* Julatten is a well known tourist location for garden and bird lovers, plus the nursery itself is popular for tourists and the ‘garden’ community, so there is plenty of opportunity for group tours.
* Plenty of established fruit trees and room for more
* Selling cut flowers from the 1000's of Bromiliads and heliconia's
* Growing a crop for sale... with the unique climate there are lots of possibilities
Situated 1KM off the main road the house is quiet and peaceful. The land is very close to world heritage rainforest and there is lots of wildlife particularly birds. Julatten has an excellent climate year round with beautiful days and fresh mountain air. Being close to Port Douglas and Mossman it is not far from supermarkets and the beach but not hot like the coast. The nights are cool year round and Julatten is known as “the air-conditoned suburb of Port Douglas”
Phone enquiries - please quote property ID 17661