Achill West provides an opportunity for buyers looking for tightly held New England grazing country. The property is located on the popular Eastern Fall and a comfortable 38kms to Armidale. Achill West has undertaken extensive pasture and infrastructure improvements with potential for further carrying capacity. The opportunity exists for the purchaser of Achill West to purchase the Angus breeding herd and the plant and equipment. Achill West's steers are highly regarded for their excellent performance in feedlots.
* Soils consist of a mixture of rich basalt and loamy traps
* Two cottages, five stand woolshed, two sets of cattle yards
* Average rainfall of approx. 826mm per annum
* Predominantly open grazing country, 70% arable
* Consistently carrying 800+ breeders and followers
* Versatile property suitable for beef, lamb and wool production
* Low labour inputs with on and off farm management in place
* Strong history of fertiliser and pasture improvements
* Improved pastures include: ryegrass, cocksfoot and some fescue
Achill West water has been upgraded with substantial investment in dams and a reticulation water system over the past five years. There is also frontages to the St Helena and Four Mile Creek. There has also been considerable investment in timber clearing, fencing and laneway construction.