The CQ Inland Industrial Hub originated from a study initiated by the Department of Transport and Main Roads seeking the preferred intermodal facility near Emerald in Central Queensland.
The CQ Inland Industrial Hub will:
* Be a multi-function, multi-user facility;
* Provide for 24/7 operations and is code accessible facility;
* Improve supply chain e?ciency between key origins and sea ports;
* Will drive greater utilisation of rail investment for freight transport outcomes;
* Provide the infrastructure required for the movement through the existing Bulk Logistic site;
* Enable a platform for increased inter-modal container tra?c and for the packing, storage and value adding activities across Resources and Agricultural sectors;
* Provide a direct connection to sea freight markets.
The Yamala CQ Inland Industrial Hub has been designed to facilitate not only the current Bulk Logistic requirements for a 42 wagon trains, but also various options for expansion and third- party access – including upfront incorporation of dual track design, container storage and handling of up to 18
,000 containers at any time.